A separate BDS facility, provided by the EU and implemented by IFAD, is available for Yield Fund’s investees to help them towards successful business growth and expansion. While access to capital is a necessary condition for business growth and expansion, it is not by itself sufficient. Entrepreneurs also need access to high quality Business Development & Management Support, particularly in the areas of improving business administration (policies, procedures, internal controls) and financial management systems.
Business Development Support is essential for business growth, and hence for building successful businesses. This Technical Assistance support directly benefits organizations through marked business performance improvement in the short, medium and long term.
In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic which has not spared the Yield Fund Investees, IFAD has been working closely with its partners at the European Union, PCP and KPMG to better understand how companies can be supported to absorb and respond to the shock. One of the key steps taken include increasing the subsidy for BDS implementation costs from 50% to 85% across all interventions for existing and future Investees.
Business Development & Management Support areas include:
- Finance and cost management;
- Administration and operations;
- Human Resource Management;
- Sales & Marketing;
- Corporate Governance;
- Best Practices;
- Accounting and Book keeping;
- Weather forecasting and insurance; and
- Specialized Agricultural fields such as agronomy.
Support Request Guidelines:
- Submission of a detailed proposal outlining your need requirements of the enterprise, and the respective financial cost in each area.
- The Technical Assistance support shall be financed through a cost sharing arrangement between the respective investee companies and PCP Uganda.
Our Technical Support team consists of highly qualified SME based consultants from the East African region.
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org